Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day Forty-Six: Batik Bird Phase Three


I'm beginning to get a feel for how long it takes to do a bigger project. This is the third day I've worked on Batik Bird, and it still isn't done. But today I did the quilting and the binding, and I feel I've made progress. I have a lot of other things to do every day besides make birds: my paying job of freelance illustrator comes immediately to mind. But my favorite part of each day is that time when I get to sit down and work on my bird.
Tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, I'll evaluate this Batik Bird and decide what embellishments I want to add: embroidery, beading, metallics, whatever. Or, maybe I'll decide it's done, and start a new bird.
When you are almost done with a piece of artwork, it's always good to walk away for a bit, then return to it with fresh eyes. What appears muddled and uncertain at bedtime, with the dawn becomes clear.
Peggy
I'm also posting this existing bird, from the 2006 calendar, to keep the count up to date. Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment