Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day Sixty-Three: A spot illustration


I'm working on some illustrations for an article in The Herb Quarterly about starting an Herb Group, and I thought, "Hey, I'll add a bird and it will--well--kill two birds with one stone." That is an awful expression: who would want to kill one bird, never mind two, and with a stone? Is that even possible?

I should ask my friend Phoebe (who claims I don't answer her e-mails) the origin of that expression. She's a devotee of The Oxford English Dictionary, where such things are documented. In fact, one time when Phoebe and I were discussing what one book we'd want to have with us if we were stranded on a desert island, she said her choice would be the O.E.D. I can't remember what I said my choice would be.

Anyway, here's a little bird studying a map with hiking trails, and a field guide to wild herbs. I've been doing illustrations for The Herb Quarterly for about fifteen years, and they are one of my favorite clients. Check them out at: http://www.herbquarterly.com/.

Peggy

PS: Phoebe, I promise I'll answer your e-mail in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment