Friday, March 25, 2011

Day Seventy-Nine: Love Birds in Progress


My friend Sara, who moved to West Virginia with her husband last July, came back for a visit today. It was so good to see her. She's one of my very few friends who will put up with all the dogs. We went for a walk around Twin Lakes with all of them this afternoon, just like old times, except that her dog Kovu wasn't with us--he had to stay back home this trip.

I didn't get much Bird work done today, but here are the Love Birds, in progress. I'm working on them while listening once again to The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Now that I know 'who did it', I can really appreciate all the subtle hints that Agatha Christie gives the reader throughout the novel; things that I, of course, never picked up on the first time around.

I hope I'll finish these Love Birds tomorrow so I can move on. I'm having a lot of trouble with the beaks: I spent an hour on them tonight, and couldn't get them right.

Tomorrow's another day.

Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment