Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day Eighty: Done For Now


This is as far as I'm going with this particular piece, but I'd like to return to this idea in the future. I think the beaks are too big here, and I'd like the stitching to be more delicate. Also, I'd want to add more embellishment to the heart shape, maybe crystal beads as well as embroidery, maybe introduce some small floral forms. I'm not sure if this very neutral palette is the way to go, either, though I do like the softness about it. It appeals to me more than the more expeceted pinks and lavenders I'd initially thought of using.
Rather than continue with this piece, I'd like to start from scratch to make the revisions I think are called for. I like the general concept, and the way the birds embrace, so it's worth another go.

Art doesn't always work the first time around. But an idea that is worth doing once just might be worth doing again.

Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment