Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day Sixty: A Close Call






I finished the duckling today, and took this shot with him and Shorty, hanging out together on the ledge in the hallway. I was setting up Owl (Day Five) to pose with them, when he fell off the ledge and right into the waiting jaws of Wingo, who promptly ran off to his dog bed with this delicious and most unexpected treat. No amount of cajoling would get him to drop Owl, whose stuffing was starting to show. But finally, after refusing tennis balls, dog biscuits, and his favorite sock, Wingo finally traded him to me for a piece of pizza. Whew, that was a close call!


On a brighter note, I was delighted to receive an e-mail from Adam Rhine today. It was his glorious book, Hebrew Illuminations, that inspired my bird on Day Thirty-Nine. Adam is a gracious person and talented artist, who also happens to be a very funny guy. Be sure to check out his luminous artwork at http://www.hebrewart.com/. And look for his book on Amazon, or through his publisher, http://www.soundstrue.com/ here in my hometown of Boulder, CO.





Finally, since Duckling was technically yesterday's bird, here is today's bird, a Zentangle Blue Jay. I find working this way so relaxing after a busy day. This was done while listening to Beethoven's Sonata No. 21. A blissful way to end the day.


Peggy




















1 comment: