Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Ten: A Collaged Cut-Paper Chicken




For years I've been collecting images cut from magazines, greeting cards, wrapping paper, menus, labels, and other ephemera, filing them by category in my ever-expanding Clip File. I never know how, when, or even if I will ever use any of these. But there is something eminently satisfying about rummaging through these dog-eared file folders, and having something suddenly appear that will provide the key to my next piece of art.
Such was the case tonight with this wonderful advertisement, which provided the spark I needed to get started on Day Ten's bird.
Many artists now depend on the internet, and Google Images, for visual inspiration. I still love to go to my Clip File. It never disappoints.
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment