Saturday, January 29, 2011

Corrections to Shorty Post

I spoke with my Dad today about my Gramma Shorty post, and he offered these three comments: 1) My parents were married in 1942, not 1941. 2) His father actually did get the influenza in 1918, lost all his hair, and almost died. Fortunately for future generations (myself included) he did not, and went on to father four sons, my dad being one of them. 3) After Gramma Shorty finished washing the floor and the kitchen counter with the same rag, she then washed all four boys' faces with it. Note: This story is unconfirmed.
Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Peggy,

    I discovered your blog after reading your interview with Botanical Interests. I love the art on those seed packets, and was heartened to learn that you didn't get started as an artist until age 42. I just turned 43, and have been teaching myself to draw and paint for a few years now.

    Your birds are wonderful, and your writing is very enjoyable. I've read every post and will continue to monitor your progress on your 365-day project.

    Oh, and on the subject of late bloomers, I just read about a 99yo Japanese woman whose self-published book of poetry has sold 1.5 million copies. She started writing poetry at age 92.

    ReplyDelete