Thursday, January 13, 2011

Days Eleven and Twelve: A Birthday Surprise









Yesterday I couldn't post my Bird, because it was a birthday present for my neighbor Grace, who turned eight today. But now I can put the photo up, since I've just gotten back from her party. For my Day Eleven Bird, I made her a Penguin purse, for Day Twelve, a birthday card, with the same Penguin on it.

The really nice thing about being an artist is that you can make somebody something that no one else in the world has, because it didn't exist before you made it.

Whether it's a gift, like the purse, or just a simple card, it is the only one like it.

I like that.


Happy Birthday, Grace!


Peggy
PS: Thanks to Melanie Hurlston, at www.mellyandme.typepad.com for inspiration for this project.







No comments:

Post a Comment