Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day Ninety-Two: Sketchbook Musings

I've been thinking that I'd like to make a sewn and stuffed egg-shaped bird, so tonight I decided to sketch my idea out, to see if it would fly (or roll, as the case may be).  What would it look like, and how would I make a three dimensional egg-shape out of fabric?  What if I used fewer than the usual eight 'orange segments' that are used to create a sphere?  Would that work?  And how would it stand up, without tipping over on its face?  Weigh it down at the bottom?  Make the base flatter than the top?  There's really no way to find out besides getting out my scissors and some felt, and starting to sew.  But sometimes thinking it through on paper ahead of time can really help.  I definitely want to try to make this little guy sometime!  I think I'll call him Eggbert.
Stay tuned....
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment