Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day Eighty-Seven: Almost Done!

I'm almost finished with this bird; I've added more embroidery and I decided to add some grass at the bottom.  It would have been easier to put this grass in right at the start, before I did the legs and the flower stem, but I'm trying hard not to do too much planning ahead of time, so these problems will inevitably come up. It's hard for me to work spontaneously, having worked as an illustrator, on assignment, for so many years, but I'm enjoying the freedom of not being so invested in the outcome, but just going where my needle and embroidery floss take me.
I also seem to be in a secondary triad mode:  that's purple, orange, and green, in case you're wondering.
Hopefully this little guy will be done tomorrow, and I can move on to the new bird.
PS:  I hate this new format for  I can't figure out how to get the image at the top anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment