Monday, April 18, 2011

Day Ninety-One: The Bird is Back!

How could I NOT have known that Day Ninety would be such a milestone--both in achievement, and in the totally unexpected danger of "falling off the bird wagon?" 
Everybody in a 12-step program knows that ninety days is a critical juncture in the road to recovery.  Why would it be any different in a 365 Birds program? 
I almost quit making birds for good.  For one whole week I did not make a bird; I did not even visit my Bird Blog to see if anyone noticed and left a comment. 
But in the past few days, I've gotten some concerned e-mails and phone calls from my loyal followers.  To which I can only say, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Today is a warm and beautiful spring day. Today, I made this simple bird from cork and Lotka paper, and hung him outside for a photo shoot.  Can I say that I'm safely past the danger of giving up completely? Well, no, I can't.  But today I made a bird, and today is all any of us has.
Just today.
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment