Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 110: Two Flamingos and Two Parakeets


I got home from Florida a couple of nights ago.  It's always so hard saying good-bye to my Mom and my Dad.  They are both almost ninety-three years old, and my heroes in life.  There were a lot of tears this time.
Last night Watson and I were invited to Ollie the dog's birthday party.  It was a fun thing to do when I was feeling very weepy. There was even a liver-flavored birthday cake (which I politely declined to sample).  Watson had a piece, and enjoyed it wholeheartedly.  I got to give Grace her present from Florida, which was a huge hit.  Everybody wanted one!
This afternoon, Janneke came over with some new origami paper, beautifully patterned, and we made these parakeets, and the paper box one of them is sitting on.  We're still stumped by the hummingbird; we keep getting to step 18, and can go no further.  I think we're going to have to find some Origami Master to show us how.  But we had a lot of fun, and since it's still cold and rainy here, all the dogs were happy to stay inside with us.
It's good to be home, but my heart is still in Florida, with Mom and Dad.

Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully its not too long till you see your folks again! Awesome glasses by the way :)

    ReplyDelete