Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 102: Love is in the Air



Royal Weddings, Springtime, the beginning of May, love is in the air! This little bird carries a heart in his beak to celebrate the season. The pattern comes from Elizabeth Ruffing    http://www.elizabethruffing.com/
who found a pattern on Martha Stewart's website, then adapted it for a charming little bird of her own. I was looking around the internet for inspiration, and found Elizabeth's bird in Google Images using the keywords "Bird Patterns for Sewing". What did we do before the internet?
Now I'm going to google: "Who paid for the Royal Wedding?" I'll let you know what I find out.
 
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog - all your birds are so expressive. It's fun to make stuff for yourself instead of clients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tricia.
    I love your Hands project, too!
    And yes, it's so much fun to just make a mess in the studio and not worry about pleasing someone else.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete